Wednesday 5 March 2014

New years resolution update: Completed!

When I started this blog in the beginning of this year I wrote that I'd give you some updates on my new years resolution: running a half marathon in less than 2 hours. 2 years ago I couldn't walk up one flight of stairs without getting out of breath, and my kids could tell that I was coming home 3 minutes before I was actually home... cause they could hear me coughing my lungs out a long way down the street. As I've said before, we vapers are the best proof that vaping works (http://vapingiraffe.blogspot.no/2014/02/you-are-proof-that-vaping-works.html), and I've encouraged you to challenge yourself a bit and try to do something you couldn't do before. In that way you can show people what you can do now that you've done the switch. This is one of the reasons I set this goal for myself, and hopefully I could inspire others by writing about it here.

So this morning I went to the gym to do a 10k run, but after 10k it felt pretty good so I decided to keep on running. And it helped a bit that they had put a sticker on the treadmill announcing they had a competition going on where 21.1km was one of the exercises and I could win a bag of goodies if I completed. I have no idea what is in that bag... yet. It's just raffled among everyone entering I think, so with my luck I'm never going to either :) Anyway, after 112 minutes I was done, in all possible ways, and very happy that this years new years resolution is completed. I think this might be the only new years resolution I've ever completed as well.

So again, hope I've inspired some of you to challenge yourself a bit. It doesn't have to be running a marathon (or a half one), but find something you couldn't do when you were smoking and show people around you that vaping does work. Cause YOU are the best proof of this.

No comments :

Post a Comment